Gentle Hearts, Valiant Spirits
by Marie Mead
Who would guess that cute and cuddly rabbits are equally courageous, intelligent, and determined! The heartwarming true stories included in this beautiful full-color book reveal how these unassuming companions are often a huge surprise to their humans.
The twenty-five uplifting stories are predominately about rabbits who are rescued from life-threatening situations and end up in loving homes, bringing out the best in their caregivers and reminding us of the strong bond shared by humans and animals. The stories inspire us to gentleness in our lives and to an awareness of the difference we can make in the life of another.
This book, which offers hope and healing, is for animal lovers and for people who simply enjoy inspirational stories. Containing beautiful photographs and original art, it would make a lovely gift or coffee table book appropriate for mid-elementary students through adults and for reading aloud to younger children. The book is a must-have for anyone who has or is thinking of getting a rabbit.
Highlights of the book include:
• Contributions by best-selling authors Susan Chernak McElroy and Dr. Bernie Siegel
• Stories about rabbits rescued by House Rabbit Society, Best Friends Animal Society, Brambley Hedge Rabbit Rescue, Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society, and Rabbit Sanctuary
• “About Rabbits” pieces, which follow each story and explain something about the rabbit depicted or about rabbits in general
• Beautiful color photographs and original artwork
• Interesting articles, including veterinary basics, children and rabbits, modeling love and respect
• Resource section and index