How Twins Can Live, Love, and Learn to Be Individuals
by Joan A. Friedman
The Same but Different offers insights on and solutions to the challenges that arise when young adult twins are expected to be independent, self-assured "singletons" after having been raised as twins.
Written for twins, their families, and significant others, this book
- Instructs twins how to have an honest, authentic relationship
- Explains why twins may feel disappointed about friendships that don't match the twin connection
- Teaches twins how to work through their guilt about wanting more space
- Discusses why some twins are afraid they might never love anyone else as much as they love their twin
- Reveals how influential twin connections are in choosing a spouse, a profession, and a place to live
- Offers tips and strategies to navigate the issues of separation, individuality, and codependence.
- Provides insight and understanding to families and significant others coping with twin struggles