Table of Contents
Part One: The Scope of the UFO Problem
Part Two: Psychiatric Dimensions to the UFO Syndrome
- UFOs: Delusion or Dilemma?
Exploration of the possible physical, psychological, and psychic reactions of four allegedly close
contacts with UFOs.
- UFOs in New Jersey
Psychotic persons have all kinds of delusions and many have hallucinations, too; but curiously,
"seeing unidentified flying objects" has been reported more often among the sane and sober than
among the psychotic or intoxicated.
- Gary Wilcox and the Ufonauts
Psychiatric stucy of a 28-year-old farmer who claimed he had a close-range experience with a
UFO and communicated with two of its occupants.
- UFO Occupants: Fact or Fantasy?
Psychiatric study of a person who had alleged close contact with a UFO and its occupants, and
another person who claimed to have seen "two little men" (occupants?).
- Possible UFO-Induced Temporarily Paralysis
Temporary paralysis can be a UFO-associated condition with many ramifications of
- Beauty of the Night
Exploration of the experiences of silent contactees can be surprising as well as
Part Three: Theoretical, Practical and Ethical Considerations
- The Port Monmouth Landing
Psychiatric study of three generations of a family involved in a close UFO encounter.
- Woodstock UFO festival, 1966 - 1
Repeated psychic-UFO interphase experiences of a young couple over a period of months
supports the credibility of their accounts and suggests the value of a long-term intensive
- UFO Landing and Repair by Crew
(1) The report by Ted Bloecher.
(2) Further details of the New Berlin landing report.
(3) Psychiatric - paranormal survey of the principal witness. Questions are raised that might
throw light on an otherwise inexplicable UFO-entities experience.
- Berserk: A UFO-creature Encounter
Advantages of careful UFO study-group collaboration with psychiatric investigation explores
possibilities of UFO-creature relationship and points out implicit dangers to involved witnesses as
well as those who study such people.
- The Twilight Side of a UFO Encounter
by Brent M. Raynes
Baffling details of an alleged teleportation involving two young men who went for "a short
- The Maine UFO Encounter: Investigation Under Hypnosis
by Shirley C. Fickett
Expert physician-hypnotist explores the lost time element when a UFO beam of light hit the car
of the experiments.
- Comments on the Psychiatric-Paranormal Aspects of the Maine Case
Practical Benefits from long-term follow-up and adjuntive medical, psychiatric and paranormal
studies of the human part of the UFO equation.
- The Man-In-Black Syndrome
(1) Dr. Herbert Hopkins' chilling meeting with a strange visitor and his family's follow-up
encounter with a weird couple.
(2) The observer-observed UFO interface is a vital part of the UFO syndrome that should be
neither overlooked nor discounted.
(3) Discussion of Dr. Herbert Hopkins' alleged paranormal experiences.
- Talks with Betty Hill
(1) Aftermath of an encounter and its relevance toward approaching an understanding of the
(2) The things that happen around her.
(3) Audiotape experiments and possible interpretations.
Part Four: UFO-Dynamic Techniques
- UFO Forum
A scientific commentary prepared by Brian C. Cannon. What some scientists think who actively
pursued the UFO question.
- A Psychiatrist Looks at UFOs
(1) Overview of psychiatric techniques.
(2) UFO Table Talk (Josh and the Psychiatrist). Facts and speculations on UFOs and sometimes
"trivial" or overlooked clues as seen by the psychiatrist.
- Saucers, Psi and Psychiatry
Probing a UFO witness' past can sometimes be useful in interpreting data that clashes with
- The Ethical Ufologist
Use of hypnotic regression techniques and psychiatric background investigations of percipients
often raises urgent ethical and moral dilemmas.
- Stella Lansing's UFO Motion Pictures
Motion picture evidence of a confimatory UFO photographic experience of contactee, Mrs. Stella
- Stella Lansing's Movie:
Four Entities and a Possible UFO Details and possible interpretations of Stella Lansing's
spectacular film of the four entities and close-up view of a possible, associated UFO.
- Stella Lansing's Clocklike UFO Patterns
Fascinating anomalies of clocklike patterns of UFO shapes, possibly related psychic events and
controlled experiments with Mrs. Lansing and others. Note on the significance of Stella Lansing
by Prof. Ivor Grattan-Guinness. Commentary on the August Roberts' "Telemystery" with further
notes on Mrs. Lansing's effect on films and audio tapes.
- A UFO Motion Picture Experiment
(at Betty Hill's "Landing Field")
Close-encounter experiences might be amenable to filmic experimental techniques.
- Clinical Observations on Telekinesis
Study of telekinesis as it occurs in the lives of patients seen in psychiatric practice, during
psychotherapeutic sessions, and in the personal life of a psychiatrist might yield clues toward an
understanding of this phenomenon and its relevance to the UFO problem.
- UFOs: Predictable Impredictabilities